Night Commercial Vehicle Technician - Strood, Kent
Channel Commercials PLC, Whitewall Road, Medway City Estate, Rochester, Medway, ME2 4EW
Closes in 17 days
Successful applicants will have experience in heavy vehicle mechanics and will have opportunities to further their career with structured manufacturer, technical training. DAF trucks experience and LGV licence would be an advantage but are not essential.
- Salary is very competitive c. £37k per year, plus overtime.
- Company benefits include sickness pay, 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays and company pension scheme.
- The successful applicant will be based at our Strood depot in Kent.
Key responsibilities include to: -
- Test vehicles and diagnose faults
- Recognise and report vehicle/component defects or symptoms of impending failure
- Service, adjust and repair vehicles/components
- Complete job records
- Order replacement parts
Essential Qualities include:-
- Previous experience in mechanics (preferably heavy vehicle)
- Qualification in vehicle maintenance and repair (preferably heavy vehicle) eg City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3)
- Driving licence (preferably HGV)
- Computer literate
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player
- Ability to use own initiative
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Available for overtime
Desirable Qualities include:-
- DAF trucks mechanical experience
Please note successful candidates will be required to possess their own tools.
APPLY ONLINE BELOW OR CALL 01233 224020 FOR AN APPLICATION FORM
Please refer to our Privacy Notice before submitting your personal data.